Michael Patrick Bubb
+1.201.736.0870 | email@example.com | linkedin | github | gpg
SRE/ SecDevOps/ Infrastructure
root on production Linux systems since 2005 / DevOps enthusiast since 2013
Interested in becoming cloud agnostic and increasing my awareness of security issues around CI/CD and infrastructure engineering.
Infrastructure Engineer | March 2021 - present
Paperless Post New York, NY.
- Terraform IaC
- Kubernetes admin in AWS
DevOps Engineer | September 2018 - December 2020
WGSN New York, NY.
- CI/CD pipelines (Ansible-Jenkins-Github )
- DevOps in AWS and GCP (basic Azure)
- Terraform management of AWS infrastructure
- Docker container lifecycle management (ECS on AWS)
- SRE production Linux systems (Prometheus, NewRelic, Cloudwatch)
- DataOps (datasci infrastructure and support)
- Bash, Groovy and Python scripting
Senior Systems Engineer/ SRE | May 2015 - August 2018
Forensiq New York, NY. (Impact Radius as of July 2016 )
- SRE for 350 servers for global adtech backbone (US-East, US-West, Europe, Asia)
- DevOps best practices for engineering and data science
- DNS, System and Network Monitoring (Prometheus, NS1, NewRelic)
- CI/CD pipeline (Ansible-Jenkins-Github ) deploys to datacenter, GCP and AWS
Systems Engineer | August 2014 - May 2015
OnDeck New York, NY.
- Ansible infrastructure and application management
- Postgresql support
- Linux production support
Operations Engineer/ DevOps | June 2010 - August 2014
Collective New York, NY.
- General Linux System Administration - CentOS and Ubuntu
- Datacenter management (Netezza and Hadoop buildout and support)
- DevOps Automation - developed deployment and change management processes
- DNS (NS1, Dyn, internal)
- Monitoring with Nagios; Boundary; Circonus; Catchpoint
Systems Administrator | 2006 - 2010
Shipco Hoboken, NJ.
- Datacenter Management (including move of all company servers)
- Linux and UNIX System Administration
- Purchasing and billing authorization
Certificates and non-degree coursework
- HAM radio technician #KD2DTY | FCC (expires March 2023)
- National EMT Certification #E3433664 | NREMT (through March 2021)
- NJ Emergency Medical Responder | EMR (2016-2018)
- 40 credits Computer Science, cert program Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ (2004-2006)
- 48 credits Comparative Literature, grad program NYU, New York, NY (1992-1994)